Monday, March 23, 2009

The Character of Americans



Avarice and ambition would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

John Adams

Upon applying Mr. Adams lesson to modern America, it becomes clear why this country no longer works. It becomes clear why our guaranteed liberties have atrophied away to a useless remnant of what they were intended to be. We are no longer a moral or religious people. There is no base of shared values that keeps us from harming each other, instead it is the naked threat of state violence that keeps the populace from open brigandage.

We have become the Roman Empire, and like the Empire, peace can only be achieved by force. The dream of America was realized for a time, but now that aspiration to civility and freedom as symbolized by the flag and the eagle is as false as the Senate that approved Caesar's every dictate.

4 comments:

Innocenzo Smith said...

I really am admired. You picked the sense of the Adams' quote with clarity and without useless words.

we R American Patriots said...

Chris, I talked to you yesterday on Leanne's phone. Very interesting site. I see we share a passion for God turning America back to our Founding Father's intentions. I look forward to conversing more with you about how God can use all of us to get His work done in restoring our nation back to Him. David

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris, I found my way here through digg, as I see your comments on there pretty often. We don't see eye to eye on everything, but on most things I think we would agree. I just wanted to say thanks for keeping the comments section on digg bearable by adding some knowledge & truth in when it's needed, and I'll be following your blog. Later.

Gilbert Mercier said...

Fantastic post Christopher,you are making a strong case, as usual.